Bespoke training in your workplace
Adults in educational settings play a significant role in supporting speech and language development and promoting a learning environment which fosters language for thinking and learning.
Traintalk is able to offer a wide range of training packages for early years settings, schools and businesses which can be tailor made for you. In addition to working with schools and early years settings, we have extensive experience in providing training to the following:
- Professionals such as GPs and Health Visitors
- Businesses who promote services for parents, mothers-to-be, children and babies
- Parents – this may be in the absence of a specific communication difficulty, or support for parents once a communication difficulty has been identified.
We are Elkan licensed tutors and can deliver accredited courses for education staff and others working with individuals who have speech, language and communication needs. Please see www.elklan.co.uk for further details of available accredited courses or contact us for further information.
Beth is an ICAN licensee and trains practitioners to deliver an intervention called Talk Boost KS1. This intervention is for children aged 4-7 and is designed to fit in around the regular school day. Children who are struggling can be identified using an online tracker, which then monitors their progress and produces reports and tables to share with Ofsted, governors and parents. The intervention lasts for 10 weeks and has proven to boost a child’s communication by an average of 9-18 months after completion.
Please see www.icancharity.org.uk for further details or contact us for further information.
We have also accessed the following formal training:
- Selective Mutism
- Colourful Semantics
- Michael Palin Parent-Child Interaction
- Lidcombe Programme for Stammering
- Swindon Fluency Trust
- Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS)
- VERVE Child Interaction
- Signing (Makaton and Signalong)