For individual children/parents
Our service covers assessment, reports, therapy and therapy programmes (for home and/or school) tailored to the particular need of each individual child, with very clear monitoring of the child’s progress.
Each child will have a treatment plan which can inform their Individual Education Plan (IEP).
- One-to-one sessions, with home activities specifically tailored to your child’s needs.
- Appointments at short notice, and at times to suit your needs.
- Full involvement of parents in the therapeutic process
- A collaborative approach involving parents, school staff and other professionals
- Liaison with the child’s NHS therapist (please click here for more information about how we work in partnership with our Speech and Language Therapy colleagues in the NHS)
We provide a free initial telephone consultation to discuss parental concerns and the difficulties the child is experiencing. If it is felt that we can help, we will arrange an initial appointment which will be held either at the child’s school/pre-school or at the child’s home. The initial appointment will include a detailed case history, a screening assessment of the child’s speech, language and communication skills with verbal advice and recommendations, and a written report will follow, if requested.